Mrs. Anandhi Amirtharaj is dedicated and a passionate Nursing teacher with 25 years of experience in clinical, nursing education. Resourceful to develop and review curriculum that prepares students on global bench marking. Integrating EBP in teaching and clinical practice to produce globally competent students.
- Clinical Teaching and Supervision of Undergraduate practicum experiences Acute Care setting- ICU, EMD in Critical Care Nursing, Adult Health I and II of minimum 18 hours/ week
- Didactic Teaching- Level 2 and 3 courses- Communication Group Dynamics, Critical Thinking
- Served as a resource person for faculty development activities like Advising Workshop, Simulation, EBP
- Participated in curriculum revision and preparation of course outline, course coding, scheduling.
- Developed course materials, including lectures, assignments, exams and PowerPoint presentations.
- Served as faculty member in accreditation process- ACN Baccalaureate Nursing Program
- Developed innovative teaching strategies using Games in MOODLE, OSCE, Case Scenarios, Immediate feedback assessment technique using Scratch Off Sheet
- Committed with continuing education activities to update to the professional requirement and practice.
- Conducted research on clinical practice topics- GCS Vs FOUR Score, Education- Studying preference- Hard copy text book Vs Soft copy
- Competent in authoring research proposal, compiling reports and
- Published in Scopus indexed, peer reviewed journals
- Efficient use of Database in identifying and retrieving EBP articles and applying in clinical teaching
- Knowledgeable in use of SPSS, ENDNOTE
- Participated in community activity based on needs assessment
- Comparison of FOUR Score against GCS in the prediction of functional outcome among patients with neurological insult (Internal Grant ; 2019-2020, 905 OMR)
- The choice of reading tools, Hardcopy versus E- books and readiness in acceptance of E- books among students at sultan Qaboos university (Dean’s Fund ; 2022, 150 OMR)
- Impact of cardiopulmonary resuscitation duration on functional outcome among Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest (OHCA) patients: A retrospective chart review ( Research Project for 2023, Processing for Postgraduate deanship funding)