Cancer is a life threatening disease and leading cause of death across the countries. To date, treatment of cancer has been widely developing. However, in metastasis stage, it impacts renal function resulting in electrolyte imbalance, sepsis, and hypotension, oligouria, and kidney injuries. This leads to volume overload, uremia, and severe metabolic acidosis causing unexpected death unless patients have appropriate treatments on time. At present, hemodialysis becomes a method of choice to alleviate these symptoms. Nevertheless, it has effects on patients’ shunt effect. As a result, investigators would like to study the change of (A-a) DO2, PaO2/PAO2 and PaO2/FiO2 before and after the procedure, as these values diectly reflect to the shunt effect.
Take Away Notes:
• To study the change of shunt effect in pre and post hemodialysis
• To study whether hemodialysis is beneficial to solve the acid base disturbance in advanced cancer patients
• To establish a guideline for providing care and treatment in advanced cancer patient with acute kidney injuries
• To apply the research findings in nursing care management
• To improve nursing skills regarding clinical assessment before and after hemodialysis