Title : How to guarantee ethical care in a context of budget reduction?
The care context is increasingly affected by the contingencies of budget cuts. Many constraints are imposed on caregivers and tensions emerge between the interests of caregivers on one side, and managers in another. Caregivers should even more focus on efficiency, often to the detriment of the relationship with the patient. Faced with the risk of seeing care reduced to the technical part alone, it is urgent to reflect on strategies to enhance the ethical part of care.
Take Away Notes:
• Become aware of the ethical tensions around care, especially between managers and caregivers, and stress the importance of defending a care ethic
• Reflect on areas of communication and collaboration between the interests of the various care partners
• Develop concrete strategies to maintain high quality of care, especially in ethical way
• Promote job satisfaction and empowerment of caregivers
• Provide a basis for reflection for future research explorations in the field of nursing