Title : Research: Is it your business?
This session will cover the understanding of research (both clinical and academically as part of workforce development) and the reality that research is everyone’s business in whatever capacity nurses are working in and at whatever level – everyone has a role to play and can influence practice all for the benefit of our patients and their outcomes especially in light of CQC now going to be including research in their work. We will also cover the development of Research Nursing and various initiatives by Cancer Research UK to support this.
Take Away Notes:
• To understand that research is essential in cancer care
• To ensure an understanding of the research ecosystem at a various levels
• Appreciate the evolving research landscape including research nurse development
• To understand that research is everybody’s business through a unified team approach
• To improve patient outcomes through promotion, participation, involvement & experience in clinical research