Title : Developing and implementing an innovative virtual nursing care model to improve patient outcomes
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for healthcare providers to develop innovative ways to deliver care remotely. The goal of this project is to develop and implement a virtual nursing care model aimed at improving patient outcomes and increasing access to care.
The project began with a thorough review of the literature on virtual nursing care models, including best practices and potential barriers to implementation. This review informed the development of a virtual nursing care model tailored to the needs of our patient population. The model is developed to cover multiple aspect of the virtual health care provided by nurses including Virtual nurse-led clinics, continues virtual nursing care and virtual triage.
After developing the model, a pilot study was conducted to test the feasibility and effectiveness of the virtual nursing care model. The pilot study involved a small group of oncology patients who will receive virtual nursing care over a period of time. The outcomes of interest included healthcare utilization, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes. The pilot testing is still on going.
In conclusion, this project aims to develop and implement a virtual nursing care model that has the potential to transform healthcare delivery by improving patient outcomes and increasing access to care. The project will contribute to the growing body of research on virtual nursing care models and provide valuable insights into best practices for implementation.
Audience Take Away Notes:
- Healthcare providers and nurses can use the virtual nursing care model developed in this project to improve the quality of care they provide to their patients, particularly those who have limited access to in-person care. They can also use the findings of the pilot study to inform their decision-making when implementing virtual nursing care models in their own practice.
- Researchers can use the findings of the pilot study to expand their research on virtual nursing care models, to develop more effective models in the future, and to explore the potential of virtual nursing care for other patient populations.
- Policymakers can use the results of this study to inform policies related to virtual nursing care, such as reimbursement policies for virtual care services, and to promote the adoption of virtual care models in healthcare systems.
- Designers of virtual care platforms and tools can use the insights gained from this research to design and develop more effective and user-friendly virtual care solutions that meet the specific needs of healthcare providers and their patients.
- Healthcare educators can use the results of this study to teach their students about virtual nursing care models and their potential benefits, and to prepare them for the changing landscape of healthcare delivery.